Synopsis: Author Beth Gilstrap discusses her short fiction collection I Am Barbarella and her new story collection, No Man’s Wild Laura out now from Hyacinth Girl Press. Beth also talks about her aversion to writing longer fiction, her love of literary magazines, and the joys of publishing with a small press.
Links to all books discussed in this episode (where possible) will go to Watchung Booksellers, a wonderful local independent bookstore in my home state of New Jersey.
This episode of COVERED is sponsored by:
Nacht Sound Engineering: Streamline the process of delivering high-quality shows to your audience and focus on what you love.
Feedpress: Blog and podcast analytics starting at $4 a month, podcast hosting starting at just $8 a month. Use promo code COVERED to get 10% off your first year.
Present: Harry C. Marks, Beth Gilstrap
- Episode S2E13: Beth Gilstrap (mp3)
- Contact your hosts for show feedback
- Show your support and donate to our podcast
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
- Blood Song by Michael Schmeltzer
- Bright Dead Things by Ada Limon
- Mothers, Tell Your Daughters by Bonnie Jo Campbell
- The Midnight Watch by David Dyer
Follow your host and the show on Twitter
Subscribe to Covered!
Subscribe to AFTERWORD: A COVERED Newsletter for info on upcoming episodes, book recommendations, and links of interest for readers and writers!
Support the show!
Please take a moment to rate our show in iTunes, even if it’s just a star rating. It really does make a difference in helping us reach a wider audience.
Download: Episode S2E13: Beth Gilstrap