Synopsis: Ed Tarkington, the author of Only Love Can Break Your Heart, discusses the importance music played in his youth, his religious upbringing, and the devastating effects of mental illness.
This episode of COVERED is sponsored by:
Nacht Sound Engineering: Streamline the process of delivering high-quality shows to your audience and focus on what you love.
Feedpress: Blog and podcast analytics starting at $4 a month, podcast hosting starting at just $8 a month. Use promo code COVERED to get 10% off your first year.
Present: Harry C. Marks, Ed Tarkington
- Episode S2E8: Ed Tarkington (mp3)
- Contact your hosts for show feedback
- Show your support and donate to our podcast
Books and Authors Discussed
In an effort to support independent bookstores over a certain monolithic website, all books (where possible) will be linked to the Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor, MI.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The World According to Garp by John Irving
- Pat Conroy
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- Tobias Wolff
- Ian McEwan
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- “Review: ‘Only Love Can Break Your Heart’ by Ed Tarkington” by Carol Memmott, Chicago Tribune
- “Blood Ties” by Nathan Heller for The New Yorker, November 2015
Follow your host and the show on Twitter
Subscribe to Covered!
Support the show!
Please take a moment to rate our show in iTunes, even if it’s just a star rating. It really does make a difference in helping us reach a wider audience.
Download: Episode S2E8: Ed Tarkington