Synopsis: Chris Holm, the author of The Collector Trilogy and The Killing Kind discusses his latest Michael Hendricks novel, Red Right Hand. He also talks about the allure of the anti-hero, the perils of drafting (and his love of the editing process), and what makes a good hero/villain relationship. Thriller readers will love to hear about the hitman with a heart of gold, while writers of all genres will gain insight into how to better flesh out the battles between their protagonists and antagonists.
This episode of COVERED is sponsored by:
Nacht Sound Engineering: Streamline the process of delivering high-quality shows to your audience and focus on what you love.
Feedpress: Blog and podcast analytics starting at $4 a month, podcast hosting starting at just $8 a month. Use promo code COVERED to get 10% off your first year.
Present: Harry C. Marks, Chris Holm
- Episode S3E10: Chris Holm, RED RIGHT HAND (mp3)
- Contact your hosts for show feedback
- Show your support and donate to our podcast
- Hit Man by Lawrence Block)
- The Hunter by Richard Stark
- Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
- The Killing Joke by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland
- The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
- Killing Floor by Lee Child
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- Mesilla by Robert James Russell
- The Surgeon: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel by Tess Gerritsen
Follow your host and the show on Twitter
Subscribe to Covered!
Support the show!
Check out our new show, CEREAL SOMMELIER!
A fun new podcast from Dave Caolo celebrating your favorite Saturday morning cartoons while pairing them with an exquisite and appropriate breakfast cereal thanks to a series of special guests.
Please take a moment to rate our show in iTunes, even if it’s just a star rating. It really does make a difference in helping us reach a wider audience.