Synopsis: Claire Fuller discusses her new novel, Swimming Lessons, and the dysfunctional family dynamics within. She also talks about the societal pressures of child-rearing, sisterly relationships, how her writing group helped shape her novel, her love of the editing process, and what it was like to write her first novel after turning 40.
This episode of COVERED is sponsored by:
Nacht Sound Engineering: Streamline the process of delivering high-quality shows to your audience and focus on what you love.
Feedpress: Blog and podcast analytics starting at $4 a month, podcast hosting starting at just $8 a month. Use promo code COVERED to get 10% off your first year.
Present: Harry C. Marks, Claire Fuller
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- Small Dreams of a Scorpion by Spike Milligan
- Learning to Love You More by Miranda July
- The Museum of You by Carys Bray
- The Last Good Kiss by James Crumley
- S3 E10 – Chris Holm, RED RIGHT HAND
- S3 E1 – Uli Beutter Cohen, SUBWAY BOOK REVIEW
- S3 E3 – Carys Bray, THE MUSEUM OF YOU
Follow your host and the show on Twitter
Subscribe to Covered!
Support the show!
Check out our new show, CEREAL SOMMELIER!
A fun new podcast from Dave Caolo celebrating your favorite Saturday morning cartoons while pairing them with an exquisite and appropriate breakfast cereal thanks to a series of special guests.
Please take a moment to rate our show in iTunes, even if it’s just a star rating. It really does make a difference in helping us reach a wider audience.