Synopsis: Ben Leroy, founder of Bleak House Publishing and Tyrus Books, discusses the trials and tribulations of starting a small publisher in the midst of a recession, the difficulty of publishing 12 books a year out of hundreds of submissions, the print vs. digital divide, and the ever increasing incidents of mob outrage on social media.
Links to all books discussed in this episode (where possible) will go to Short Stories Community Book Hub in Madison, NJ. Support your local independent bookseller today!
This episode of COVERED is sponsored by:
Nacht Sound Engineering: Streamline the process of delivering high-quality shows to your audience and focus on what you love.
Feedpress: Blog and podcast analytics starting at $4 a month, podcast hosting starting at just $8 a month. Use promo code COVERED to get 10% off your first year.
Present: Harry C. Marks, Ben LeRoy
- Episode S3E4: Ben LeRoy of Tyrus Books (mp3)
- Contact your hosts for show feedback
- Show your support and donate to our podcast
- Adam Silvera tweetstorm on small publishers
- “Bleak House Publishers Leave to Launch New Venture” | SarahWeinman.com
Follow your host and the show on Twitter
Subscribe to Covered!
Help us get to AWP 2017!
- Donate now to help Harry attend AWP 2017 so he can join his fellow podcasters for a panel on literary podcasting and record special COVERED audio for an upcoming episode!
Support the show!
Please take a moment to rate our show in iTunes, even if it’s just a star rating. It really does make a difference in helping us reach a wider audience.
Download: Episode S3E4: Ben LeRoy of Tyrus Books