S4E1 – Greer Macallister, GIRL IN DISGUISE
Synopsis: Season 4 is finally here and we kick off the Season of Women Authors with historical fiction author Greer Macallister and her new novel Girl in Disguise. Greer also talks about taking liberties when writing historical fiction, writing accurate portrayals of the female historical experience, all those “Girl” titles, and what she’s reading now.
This episode of COVERED is sponsored by:
Nacht Sound Engineering: Streamline the process of delivering high-quality shows to your audience and focus on what you love.
Feedpress: Blog and podcast analytics starting at $4 a month, podcast hosting starting at just $8 a month. Use promo code COVERED to get 10% off your first year.
Present: Harry C. Marks, Greer Macallister
- The Hour of Peril: The Secret Plot to Murder Lincoln Before the Civil War by Daniel Stashower
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- A Lady in Disguise by Sandra Byrd
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund
- Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Magruder’s Curiosity Cabinet by H.P. Wood
- Church of Marvels by Leslie Parry
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
- The Marsh King’s Daughter by Karen Dionne
- Give the Girl a Name, Already! | LitReactor
- The Millions : How Can Historical Fiction Be Feminist? – The Millions
Follow your host and the show on Twitter
Subscribe to Covered!
Support the show!
Check out our new show, LEARN ME SOMETHING!
A new podcast from Aaron Stewart and Rich Plumb that celebrates our ignorance as the beginning of the search for Truth..
Please take a moment to rate our show in iTunes, even if it’s just a star rating. It really does make a difference in helping us reach a wider audience.