Synopsis: Anne Wheaton stops by to talk about her new picture book, PIGGY AND PUG, self-publishing a picture book with a huge social media presence, found families, spreading kindness on Twitter, the importance of beta readers (especially the little ones), impostor syndrome, finding a book’s true audience, and her experiences at BookCon and Emerald City ComicCon.
This episode of COVERED is sponsored by:
FeedPress: Blog and podcast analytics starting at $4 a month, podcast hosting starting at just $8 a month. Use promo code COVERED to get 10% off your first year.
Audible: Get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial! Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Check out the Audible links below next to the titles discussed during the episode!
Recommendation: Dracula by Bram Stoker, narrated by Alan Cumming and Tim Curry
Make sure to signup for Audible today to get your FREE audio book and 30-day trial.
Present: Harry C. Marks, Anne Wheaton
- Anne Wheaton dot Com | A Little Kindness Goes A Long Way
- Piggy and Pug Website
- PiggyAndPug on Instagram
- Twitter Thread by @AnneWheaton on Self-Publishing
- Marcel’s Letters: A Font and the Search for One Man’s Fate by Carolyn Porter | Barnes & Noble®
- Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered by Austin Kleon | Barnes & Noble®
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng | Barnes & Noble® | Audiobook | Audible.com
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng | Barnes & Noble® | Audiobook | Audible.com
- Amazon.com: Wil Wheaton: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White, Garth Williams, Kate DiCamillo | | Barnes & Noble® | Audiobook | Audible.com
- Watership Down by Richard Adams | Barnes & Noble®
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls | Barnes & Noble® | Audiobook | Audible.com
Follow your host and the show on Twitter
Subscribe to Covered!
Please take a moment to rate our show in iTunes or Apple Podcasts, even if it’s just a one star rating. It really does make a difference in helping us reach a wider audience.