Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into astrology, its history, the difference between that and astronomy, and why only one is considered a science.
The Babylonians are generally credited with the birth of astrology. Their astrological charts enabled them to predict the recurrence of seasons and certain celestial events. So in the beginning and for more than 2,000 years, astrology and astronomy were the same science.
Make sure to signup for Audible today to get your FREE audio book and 30-day trial.
Please also check out our GoFundMe campaign as we’re trying to raise enough money to help cover our studio build costs.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- History of Astrology
- The 4,000 Year History of Horoscopes: How Astrology Has Been Shaped Throughout the the Millennia
- Astrology vs Astronomy: What’s the Difference?
- Astrology vs. Astronomy: Why Only One Is Considered Science
- Planets and Their Meanings
- How Are Horoscopes Still a Thing?
- How does astrology work?
- Do horoscopes have a placebo effect?
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
- Get Learn Me Something on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or via RSS.
Download: Episode 70: Astrology