Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into the topic of Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD).
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is an anxiety disorder that causes a person to have a distorted view of how they look and to spend a lot of time worrying about their appearance.
A lot more people have been diagnosed with this disorder than you might think. In addition to a captivating discussion about who this disorder affects, what it is, and what can be done about it, some very personal stories are shared from your hosts about their own personal connection to it.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder: A Guide to an Emotionally Painful Obsession
- Body dysmorphic disorder: recognizing and treating imagined ugliness
- BDD and Anorexia Nervosa: What’s the big difference? Is there a difference?
- I Feel So Ugly: Body Dysmorphia Disorder
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 23: Body Dysmorphic Disorder