Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into the topic of charities and the nitty gritty of how they work. What makes a good or bad charity and how do we rank them? There are more to charities than you likely know, so listen in to learn something.
American’s donate $350 billion per year to charities.
More than 1.5 million charities in the US.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Public Charity vs. Private Foundation
- 25 of America’s Worst Charities—Plus Tips on How to Avoid Getting Scammed
- How Does a Charity Work?
- Charity Navigator
- Nonprofit Law Basics: What is the Difference Between a Public Charity & a Private Foundation?
- How is a charity different from a foundation?
- Towards a better understanding of how charities work
- Overview of Private Foundations
- Not Fit For Purpose: Why I’m Done With the Foundation World
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 26: Charities