Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into consciousness. What is it, does every living thing have it, and are we part of some greater collective consciousness?
The hard problem of consciousness is the problem of explaining why any physical state is conscious rather than nonconscious. It is the problem of explaining why there is “something it is like” for a subject in conscious experience, why conscious mental states “light up” and directly appear to the subject.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- What Is Consciousness?
- Could Multiple Personality Disorder Explain Life, the Universe and Everything?
- The Footprints of Consciousness
- How to Make a Consciousness Meter
- Harvard Scientists Think They’ve Pinpointed The Physical Source of Consciousness
- The Hard Problem of Consciousness
- Sight and blindness in the same person: Gating in the visual system
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 59: Consciousness