Crystals: What We Think We Know
Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into a complex and mind-bending topic of crystals. No, we aren’t talking about how crystals can cure cancer. Crystals have internal energy including some energy associated with molecular vibrations. Physicists have created the world’s first time crystal. So how does this work?
Crystals have internal energy including some energy associated with molecular vibrations. In addition to molecular vibrations, crystals can exhibit mechanical (macroscopic) vibrations. An example of a resonant macroscopic vibrator is a tuning fork.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- 20 Things You Didn’t Know About… Crystals
- CRYSTALS FOR BEGINNERS! HERE ARE THE TOP 10 ESSENTIAL CRYSTALS & THEIR USES
- Any scientific basis behind “crystal energy”?
- Time Crystals Might Exist After All – And They Could Break Space-Time Symmetry
- Physicists Just Created The World’s First Time Crystal
- Physics team proposes a way to create an actual space-time crystal
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts