Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into a a heavily researched topic of drug addiction. How does the human brain handle addiction in different age groups? Are younger people more susceptible? These are truly multi-faceted questions of which we hope you’ll join us to diseminate and decipher, together.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Cold turkey meth
- Statistics on Drug Addiction
- Do You Know… Methadone
- The Science of Drug Abuse and Addiction: The Basics
- Overdose Death Rates
- What Is an Opioid?
- Opioid Crisis
- Why is meth so addictive?
- What Makes Heroin So Addictive?
- FosB: A sustained molecular switch for addiction
- Why “Just Say No” Doesn’t Work
- Addiction: Wikipedia
- FosB (Wikipedia)
- Addiction: Explained on YouTube
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 15: Drug Addiction