Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into the horrifying reality that is modern-day slavery.
Populations that are vulnerable to slavery often reside in countries where government is not stable or discrimination is prevalent, according to the Walk Free Foundation.
Vulnerability to slavery is also shaped by a country’s economic and social development. In fact, the nations with the highest numbers of people living in slavery often had low scores on the Human Development Index (HDI).
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Documentary. The Dark Side Of Chocolate
- What is the definition of human trafficking?
- Find Your Slavery Footprint
- Forced Marriage Continues in Many Countries
- 10 Countries With The Most Slaves
- Countries With the Most Slaves
- African migrants being sold as slaves by Libyan human traffickers ‘have their organs harvested, bodies mutilated and roasted like kebabs’ claims Nigerian ex-minister
- NIGERIAN SLAVES HAVE ORGANS HARVESTED, BODIES MUTILATED AND ARE SET ON FIRE, HORRIFYING PICTURES CLAIM
- There Are More Slaves Today Than at Any Time in Human History
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 32: Modern-Day Slavery