Synopsis: This week on "Learn Me Something," Aaron and Rich delve into Munchausen Syndrome. What exactly is it? It’s a factitious disorder wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma to draw attention, sympathy, or reassurance to themselves.
Make sure to signup for Audible today to get your FREE audio book and 30-day trial.
Please also check out our GoFundMe campaign as we’re trying to raise enough money to help cover our studio build costs.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- 8 Fascinating Cases Of Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy, The Disturbing Disorder At The Heart Of ‘Mommy Dead & Dearest’
- Münchausen by internet: the sickness bloggers who fake it online
- Munchausen Syndrome – WebMD
- Dr. Meadow’s Munchausen syndrome by proxy: the history and the controversy
- 8 Things Dale Carnegie Got Right About Social Engagement
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
- Get Learn Me Something on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or via RSS.
Download Podcast: Episode 102: Munchausen Syndrome