Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into advertising and propaganda. How many advertisements do we see per day? As many as 5,000 per day today vs 500 per day back in the 1970s. Edward Bernays was an Austrian-American pioneer in the field of public relations and propaganda, referred to in his obituary as “the father of public relations.”
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Who is Edward Bernays?
- Edward Bernays is the Reason Why Americans Eat Bacon and Eggs for Breakfast
- The manipulation of the American mind: Edward Bernays and the birth of public relations
- Big Fruit
- Cutting Through Advertising Clutter
- The Century of the Self (Full Documentary)
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 30: Propaganda