Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into the topic of schizophrenia. With modern day science, psychology, and access to a wealth of information at our fingertips, why are there still so many misconceptions about what schizophrenia is?
Schizophrenia is a chronic and severe mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. People with schizophrenia may seem like they have lost touch with reality. Although schizophrenia is not as common as other mental disorders, the symptoms can be very disabling.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- What Is Schizophrenia?
- Signs and Symptoms pf Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia Facts and Statistics
- A Brief History of Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia definition on Psychology Today
- Helping Someone with Schizophrenia
- How Do Doctors Diagnose Schizophrenia?
- I Am Not A Monster: Schizophrenia | Cecilia McGough | TEDxPSU
- Schizophrenia Simulation
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 28: Schizophrenia