Synopsis: This week on "Learn Me Something," Aaron and Rich delve into the history of socialism and how it applies to modern times, both in Canada and other countries.
The DSA website, saying no country is fully socialist, suggests the organization would borrow from the best examples from around the world: “We can learn from the comprehensive welfare state maintained by the Swedes, from Canada’s national health care system, France’s nationwide childcare program, and Nicaragua’s literacy programs. Lastly, we can learn from efforts initiated right here in the US, such as the community health centers created by the government in the 1960s.”
Make sure to signup for Audible today to get your FREE audio book and 30-day trial.
Please also check out our GoFundMe campaign as we’re trying to raise enough money to help cover our studio build costs.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Capitalism vs. Socialism: What is the Difference?
- Communism vs. Socialism
- A Definition of Socialism
- What is socialism?
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
- Get Learn Me Something on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or via RSS.
Download Podcast: Episode 121: Socialism