Synopsis: This week on "Learn Me Something," Aaron and Rich delve into stress, how it affects the human body, and some remedies and preventative maintenance to minimize it.
What is stress? Stress is your body’s way of responding to any kind of demand. It can be caused by both good and bad experiences. When people feel stressed by something going on around them, their bodies react by releasing chemicals into the blood. These chemicals give people more energy and strength, which can be a good thing if their stress is caused by physical danger. But this can also be a bad thing, if their stress is in response to something emotional and there is no outlet for this extra energy and strength.
Make sure to signup for Audible today to get your FREE audio book and 30-day trial.
Please also check out our GoFundMe campaign as we’re trying to raise enough money to help cover our studio build costs.
If you prefer video, you can subscribe and watch on YouTube.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- Understanding and Dealing With Stress
- The Effects of Stress on Your Body
- 5 Sources of Stress and Anxiety in the Modern World
- Caffeine and Cortisol: Does Coffee Stress You Out?
- Internal and External Stress
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
- Get Learn Me Something on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or via RSS.
Download Podcast: Stress