Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into the ominous sounding topic of “The Doomsday Clock.”
What is the Doomsday Clock? No, it’s not the famous song by the British metal band Iron Maiden. The Doomsday Clock is a design that warns the public about how close we are to destroying our world with dangerous technologies of our own making. It is a metaphor, a reminder of the perils we must address if we are to survive on the planet.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- What is The Doomsday Clock?
- List of nuclear weapons tests
- Project Plowshare
- Nuclear Explosions For The National Economy
- Scientists move Doomsday Clock ahead to 2 minutes to midnight
- Doomsday Clock: Nearing the stroke of madness
- How the Doomsday Clock Could Help Trigger the Armageddon It Warns of
- 2018 Doomsday Clock Statement
- Doomsday Clockwork
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 37: The Doomsday Clock