The Highway of Tears
Synopsis: This week on "Learn Me Something," Aaron and Rich delve into the highway of tears, which refers to a 724 km length of Yellowhead Highway 16 in British Columbia, Canada where many women (mostly Indigenous) have disappeared or been found murdered. The Highway of Tears is part of a larger, national crisis of missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls. In 2015, the federal government launched a national inquiry into these cases.
Make sure to signup for Audible today to get your FREE audio book and 30-day trial.
Please also check out our GoFundMe campaign as we’re trying to raise enough money to help cover our studio build costs.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- The Highway of Tears: Preventing violence against women
- Latest Highway of Tears news
- Highway of Tears: The victims and the missing
- Canada’s Highway of Tears: Why Are Women Disappearing?
- Dozens of Women Vanish on Canada’s Highway of Tears, and Most Cases Are Unsolved
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
- Get Learn Me Something on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, RadioPublic, or via RSS.
Download Podcast: Episode 115: The Highway of Tears