The Ketogenic Diet
Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into the ketogenic diet, what it is, how it works, and why it’s been so successful for so many people.
When you eat something high in carbs, your body will produce glucose and insulin. Glucose is the easiest molecule for your body to convert and use as energy so that it will be chosen over any other energy source. Insulin is produced to process the glucose in your bloodstream by taking it around the body. Since the glucose is being used as a primary energy, your fats are not needed and are therefore stored. Typically on a normal, higher carbohydrate diet, the body will use glucose as the main form of energy. By lowering the intake of carbs, the body is induced into a state known as ketosis.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- What is a Keto Diet?
- Treating Childhood Epilepsy: The Origins of the Ketogenic Diet
- KetoDiet Buddy: Easy Macro Calculator for the Ketogenic Diet
- 7 Signs and Symptoms You Might Be in Ketosis When Doing Keto
- Ketogenic diet: Is the ultimate low-carb diet good for you?
- Risks and Benefits of the Keto Diet Everyone Should Know
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 54: The Ketogenic Diet