Synopsis: This week on “Learn Me Something,” Aaron and Rich delve into a rather gross but fascinating subject: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) affects between 6–18% of people worldwide. This condition involves changes in frequency or form of bowel movements and lower abdominal pain. Diet, stress, poor sleep and changes in gut bacteria may all trigger symptoms.
Present: Aaron Stewart, Rich Plumb
- 9 Signs and Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- FODMAP 101: A Detailed Beginner’s Guide
- New Information on the Parkinson’s-Gut Connection
- The rogue protein behind Parkinson’s disease may also protect your gut
- This type of psychotherapy treats irritable bowels
- ‘Mind-based’ intervention for IBS eases symptoms
Follow your hosts, guests, and the show on Twitter
- @LMSPodcast on Twitter
- Learn Me Something on Facebook
- @HologramRadio for updates on other interesting podcasts
Subscribe to Learn Me Something!
Download: Episode 51: Your Irritable Guts