Synopsis: Get ready for a long but worthwhile episode of
Unconsoleable The Impromptu, with special guests Anna Tarkov and and Jessica Dennis!
This episode is a bit of a snafu because Alex screwed up his audio track and we had to scrap it. This means the audio quality takes an unfortunate nose dive as we had to use the master track from Audio Hijack for Alex, Anna, and Jessica (hence why their voices come out of the right channel and Michael’s out of the left). We grovel at your feet and apologize profusely for this. Episode 6 will be back up to our usual ridiculously high production standards.
After a rocky start, we kick it into high gear and rant about DC Comics and their lack of diversity amongst all of the titles in their lineup, terrible and impractical female superhero costumes, the need for a Miles Morales Spider-Man, GamerGate controversy, and how do you solve the larger issue of boys growing up into men that lack empathy and have misogynistic tendencies? As a society, what can be done, if anything, to help raise empathetic, loving, and tolerant people?
Around half way through, we veer into discussion about TV shows like Buffy, how awesome Anthony Head’s voice is, Covert Affairs, Lost, Quantum Leap, Enterprise, Jem, and Jenny Garth’s home renovation show.
Present: Michael, Alex, Anna, Jessica.
- New Books, New Creative Teams: The Complete List of New and Continuing DC Comics Titles
- Wonder Woman’s costume changes over the years
- Spider-Man joins the Marvel movie universe
- Miles Morales
- Anna and Jessica’s podcast: unconsoleable.com
- What is GamerGate?
- Definition of empathetic
- Covert Affairs
- “Once More with Feeling” – Season 6, episode 7 of Buffy
- Anthony Head singing “Legal Assassin”
- The Jenny Garth Project
- Dean Stockwell in season 1, episode 21 of Enterprise
- “Alone Again,” season 2, episode 14 of Jem
- @Unconsoleable for show updates
Follow your hosts and the show on Twitter
Subscribe and rate us in iTunes
Download: Episode 5: “Un Console Able”