Nalo Hopkinson, Justine Larbalestier, Scott Westerfeld, and I talk about ergonomic writing setups for people with RSI, finding a fabulous chair for reading and writing in, Scrivener and how fabulous it is, and different modes of writing beyond sitting at the keyboard.
Present: K. Tempest Bradford, Nalo Hopkinson, Justine Larbalestier, Scott Westerfeld.
Subscribe to The Write Gear!
Nalo, Justine, & Scott’s Writing Gear
- Kinesis Freestyle2 For Mac New, Refurbished | For PC New, Refurbished | This is the Wirecutter’s runner up for best ergonomic keyboard
- Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse
- Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
- Incline Fit Exercise Ball with Ball Base
- j/fit Ergonomic Stability Balance Ball Fitness Chair with Risers — Interested in using a balance ball as an office chair but need some help with stability and/or height? This could be a good option.
- Flight Recliner — Scott’s Pam Am First Class-inspired chair.
- Couldn’t find Nalo’s specific chair, but the Wirecutter named the Steelcase Gesture Chair as the best office chair in their roundup because of the many levels of adjustability and back support. There’s also one non-expensive option at the link.
Read Nalo Hopkinson’s books
- The New Moon’s Arms — Tempest’s favorite
- Brown Girl in the Ring — Everyone’s favorite
- Skin Folk: Stories — For short story lovers
- Nalo’s Author Page — To see all her books
- And visit her website
Read Justine Larbalestier’s books
- Razorhurst — Tempest’s most recent favorite
- Liar — Tempest’s first favorite
- How to Ditch Your Fairy — Read this, too! Just do it
- Justine’s author page — To see all her books
- And visit her website and blog
Read Scott Westerfeld’s books
- Peeps — The book that made tempest want to read everything by Scott
- Midnighters Series — Tempest’s favorite
- Uglies — Everyone’s favorite
- Scott’s author page — To see all his books
- And visit his website and blog
Photo Credits: Justine Larbalestier photo by Niki Bern, Scott Westerfeld photo by Anna Fischer,