The Internet is a shiny bauble full of temptation, no more so than when it’s time to sit down and write. There’s always a notification, an email, a link that needs tapping or clicking or reading. If you find it hard to resist temptation, this week’s episode is for you. I employ several add-ons and apps to keep me focused and curb the urge to procrastinate.
Present: K. Tempest Bradford.
Subscribe to The Write Gear!
- Why Writers Are the Worst Procrastinators — The Atlantic
These add-ons, extensions, and apps will block all websites or only specific ones during writing time. All are flexible and customizable.
- WasteNoTime — Chrome, Safari
- LeechBlock — Firefox
- FocalFilter — Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox
Smartphone Blocking Apps
Full-screen writing apps
To block distractions on the screen
- Scrivener — Windows, Mac, Linux
- FocusWriter — Windows
- WriteMonkey — Windows
- OmmWriter — Mac, iOS, Windows
- JotterPad — Android
Next week’s episode is All About AlphaSmart. But if you’re curious…